All members are invited to a fall social at Wine Down at The Landing
Bring a friend, and enjoy socializing with members you have not seen for a while!
Hope to see you!!!
After Work 5 – 7 PM
1501 Adams Ave.
La Grande, OR
Sponsored by La Grande Soroptimist Recruitment/Retention & Meetings Committees
Festival of Trees Committee – Tuesday at 12noon, Denny’s Meeting Room
Thursday, Club Meeting – Part Two of Appreciation in the Workplace presentation, by Shayla Hewitt (do not need to have been present for Part One) Bring a Friend!
SILG Meetings are happening! Many committees are gearing up for this club year. SILG Directories are available at club meetings and some committee meetings, contact President Tori for assistance. A full meeting schedule of topics will be out soon.
- Boots & Socks needs inventory. Pat Wood is chairing and will be calling a committee meeting soon to put this fall’s project together.
- If you have an ides for a club meeting, please let Shayla, Tressa or Shannon know.
- Festival of Trees committee is meeting, next meeting on September 26th, noon at Dennys. The colors this year are white and red.
- Scholarship committee is meeting and Shirley reported that SILG recipients are gearing up for fall term. SILG gave out a record amount in scholarship funds from Festival last year, more than $20,000!
- Recruitment & Retention Committee inducted newest member, Vicky Hart. The Meetings Committee and this committee will work together on a social event to kick off our club year.
Is it interesting? Is it club development? Is it professional development? What if it’s all three? SCORE! Our very own Shayla Hewitt will be presenting an interactive workshop at SILG meetings this week and next – September 21st and September 28th. Plan to attend for optimal exposure to greatness and knowledge. Please feel free to bring a friend or coworker that may be interested, too!
Appreciation in the Workplace:
In today’s workplace it is crucial for employees to feel valued. But that’s a challenge when you and your employees communicate appreciation differently. In this two part series we will go over:
- The core concepts of appreciation and encouragement, their importance in workplace relationships, and identify the negative results that can occur when team members do not feel valued or appreciated.
- Describe each of the five languages of appreciation and what they look like in daily work life, and affirm the core components for appreciation to be communicated effectively.
Seargent at Arms Shannon Willmarth is bringing back the travel gift auction! For newer members who may not know what this is: when you travel, feel free to pick up a small memento of your trip and bring back to club. Wrap it and include a note about where it came from – then, hand it over to Shannon. Travel Gifts will be auctioned off at club meetings and proceeds go to our general fund. It’s a fun way to tell us all about your trip, plus raise some money for our club!
SIA is looking for nominations for the SIA Fundraising Council. There will be additional details at the Business meeting on the 14th, or contact President Tori if you cannot attend the Business meeting.
SI District Meeting is October 13-15 in Yakima. All of the details are not out just yet, but please let President Tori know if you are interested in attending. A great opportunity to learn about the work of Soroptimists in our region, and strengthen our club!
Happy Soroptimist Anniversary to: Marilyn Fallow (1994), Jennifer Fox (2009), Edna Henderson, (2006), Rebecca Loman (2004), Sue Venutolo (1994)!
The first Board meeting of the SILG year is tomorrow (Thursday), 12noon at Dennys. All members are welcome to attend to learn more about the inner-workings of our club. First Mondays are always Board meetings, good info for new members! 🙂