That subject line is an eye-catcher for any busy Mom or Soroptimist member that’s scanning their email inbox! “One Pot Penne Pasta” from the Add A Pinch website can be ready in 15 minutes, making it a perfect recipe for a busy weeknight! Here is the recipe:
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite sized slices
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10-oz) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Add sausage, onions, garlic, and mushrooms to a medium pot over medium heat. Cook until onions are slightly tender, stirring often. Add in penne pasta, chicken stock, roasted red peppers, along with the liquid from the jar, cheeses and spinach. Stir to combine and cover for about 5-8 minutes. Remove lid, stir and continue to cook until penne pasta is al denote or at the amount of tenderness you prefer. Remove from heat and serve.
It’s that easy!! Enjoy.
Ref: https://add a pinch.com/one-pot-penne-pasta-recipe/